Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Session 2b

Okay, after this week I have decided that I think my expectations are getting in the way of the girls :(  -- Only a couple of girls did their homework, which I knew would happen as it was Easter Weekend.  So I had reserved some books from the library brought them for the girls to read, and we spent the better part of our meeting of the girls reading and filling out the worksheets, the ones that had already done one, did another but they enjoyed reading another book!  If anything from this Journey they are going to learn about different girls in different countries or cultures through books and all the reading! :) 

 After going through what each girl read and the clues they found we did some jump roping, actually we did LOTS of jump roping and the girls LOVED it!  I think they jumped for about 20 minutes we did single jumping, and then we tried our hardest to try to get 3 or more girls jumping in unison-- it was not as easy as we thought it would be, but they sure had fun!  Something to keep in my bag for next time- Jump Ropes!  They sang a bunch of Jump Rope Rhymes too!

When they were all jumped out, we sat down, and each of the girls picked their favorite character from a book or movie and wrote it on a note card, on the other side they wrote down a character trait of that person, instead of walking around and picking what trait we were like or see in ourselves, we talked about how we knew this character was those things, and what kinds of "clues" told us about them. 

We will pick up with Shali's story for our next session and the awarding of their first badge "Hear a Story".  I am in need of how to keep them on task and to make this more hands on, and I want to find a really cool way to award them, I was thinking a story about them and "clues" to finding their badges?  We will see what this week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment