Sunday, May 1, 2011

wanting to share my experience

After searching the web for ideas on bringing the GS Journeys to Leaders for the upcoming year, I fell onto another leader's blog that she wrote over a year ago.  This inspired me to try to do the same-- I am passionate about Girl Scouts, my daughter who will be 18 in June is in her 13th year of Girl Scouting, we have had many fun experiences-- but I don't feel that she learned to be a Leader from doing try-its, badges and IPP's or planning events, I feel she has been inspired to be a leader because that is what her mom has done, and we had fun and that is what she wants.  I am lucky -- I have a second chance at "really growing" a leader from the Girl Scout Program-- my 7 year old daughter- has had the opportunity of doing the Daisy Flower Garden Journey and now the Brownie Quest Journey that we are about half way through..... needless to say-- She Gets It!!  She was born a leader-- or at least that is how I think...but she gets the "experience" she embraces it and enjoys it!!

Now to get all those other Leaders, Parents and Girls out there in the same mind frame :)

No comments:

Post a Comment